Wednesday, April 16, 2014

RTW Inspiration...

Hello all! Hope you're all having a fabulous week (full of sewing too)! A couple of weeks ago, I wanted a new top to wear for casual Friday. Normally, this is where I would run to someplace like Marshall's or TJ Max to see if they had anything. However, I was quickly reminded that I am in a RTW fast challenge and there would be none of that! So when I got home Thursday night I rummaged through my fabric stash and found this really cute knit I'd purchased a while back from Hancock or Joann Fabrics, I can't remember (I need to start labeling where I purchased my fabrics, maybe there's an App for that!). It's a Rayon/Poly blend knit with a very soft touch and great recovery, perfect for what I had in mind!  It's a printed knit with colors of Black, White and Turquoise.

Now for the RTW inspiration...I purchased this T Shirt last year from Marshall's that I fell in love with. It was the saying on the T Shirt that drew my attention because I truly felt the saying was knocking on my head trying to get in for good! (DREAM, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE!) Don't get me wrong, once I tried it on...the fit sealed the deal! Unfortunately, like all good things, they come to and end and my T Shirt is now faded and showing signs of wear...


 

      

Ok, I know it doesn't look like much now...this was my first thought for the cute fabric...remake this T Shirt! That's exactly what I did...I traced myself a flat pattern of the T Shirt and used that pattern to cut out the fabric. However, I didn't just stop there, I thought this little Tee would be so cute with a little contrast collar too. I used Ms. Thing (my dress form) and created a two piece collar out of a comparable weight, Black knit fabric I also had in my stash. By the time I completed all the patterns and cut out the fabrics, I was tired because it was late and decided I would finish the next morning. 

Did she complete the top you ask? Absolutely! I got up with the hubby at 4:00 am (yep that's what time he gets up every morning!) I fixed his protein shake, packed his lunch and sent him on his merry little way. Now it was my time to get this put together before I left for work...so in 1-1/2hrs, I had this cute little "Casual Friday" top complete...

 

      
      
     
Oh my, I just can't stress here how much I love this top and so glad I now have a pattern to create multiple versions of it! Moral of this story...if you Dream it and Believe it, then you definitely can Achieve it!

Thanks so much all for stopping by and leaving your supporting comments, it truly is appreciated more than you'll ever know!

HAPPY SEWING!

22 comments:

  1. Love it! Really like the little changes you made to the basic pattern - the collar and the hi-lo hem. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. An emphatic success, such a lovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work - & I'll bet it lasts longer than the one you bought last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen! Let's just hope you're right!

      Delete
  4. Love your top! It looks so much better than any RTW but so current in it's styling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! I really love this style.

      Delete
  5. What a way to persevere to a great top! I must say, though, this top hardly looks casual, it is so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh great idea! Really love the fit and the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute top! I have this fabric too, in the coral/black/white colorway. It is from JoAnn's. After seeing your top, I may have to go back and get the turquiose too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I may have to go back and look for your color too!

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty top, love it! You should make a few more of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Levon! I actually plan on making a few more of them

      Delete
  9. You can send me one! And the fabric is JoAnn! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too funny! I love to send you one! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  10. Myra, the top is so cute! It looks comfy, and I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea and it really is!

      Delete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email