Thursday, April 3, 2014

A New Sweater

Oh my goodness it's been a while and do I really miss posting and seeing all your wonderful comments! I have been sewing though, just not had the time to post anything! I've been reading what everyone else is doing out there in the sewing community and WOW you all are working those sewing machines!! Keep those inspirations coming they've really helped me to keep my mojo going!  

With that said, this first post is going to be about a top so many of you have made and had great success with it! So I jumped on the bandwagon and purchased the Sewaholic Renfrew pattern...
      
   
     
I made this a few weeks ago when we were experiencing a little chilly weather here in Florida and this was the perfect top! The pattern comes in a size range of 0 to 16, I made a size 10. I really didn't have to make any alterations to the pattern to make it fit. However, I did make a few style changes. I didn't add the band to the bottom or the sleeve band. I lengthened the sleeves to accommodate the removal of the sleeve band. I used a pretty Charcoal Grey & Black Acrylic knit I found at Joann Fabrics. The fabric has large grey dots on black and the black portion is a little see-thru so I have to wear a tank underneath. I really liked the final look...
 

     
 
 

      

I love the styling of the over-sized cowl neck of this pattern and the overall fit. I would say it's a successful pattern to sew and understand why so many of you have made it too! If you haven't made it yet and you like the style, it's definitely worth your time!

Happy Sewing!

20 comments:

  1. Very nice Myra! I have not jumped on the bandwagon with this one, yet, but I do love this style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! If you get a chance, you should give it a try.

      Delete
  2. Pretty sweater and like the burn out circles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I thought that was a nice touch for the fabric too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Christina and comfortable too!

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous! I tried it but need to do something about my shoulders - my fabric pulled between the neck and the shoulders - never figured it out yet, but this makes me want to go at it again....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina said what I was thinking. Indeed, this is a sharp outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myra! You look sensational! I like how you paired you Renfrew with the skirt and boots. Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your change to the pattern makes it so different and I love your fabric. This looks very classic and relaxed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia! The fabric caught my eye right away too!

      Delete
  8. Your sweater looks so beautiful. I love the fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email