Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vogue 8906 & Pattern Winner

I had a few ladies who were interested in the pattern I offered on my last post and to be fair, I wrote everyone's name on a piece of paper and had the Hubby draw a name. The winner of McCalls 6243 free pattern is...



Congratulations Candice of Sew My Time! Email me where you want your pattern sent and I will get it out to you right away. Thanks everyone for participating and the great comments!

On another note, I fell in love with this cute little top when I saw it made up by SandraMary on Pattern Review. It's Vogue 8906 and let me tell you the photo on the envelope kills the sale of this really cute pattern!



Thank goodness I saw Sandra's version on pattern review, otherwise I would have never given this pattern a second look or made it and I love this very comfortable and cute little top!

It sews up very quickly and it's so comfortable! I love the pleating in the front and back that cinch the waist giving the top a "peplum" type look. The only alteration I had to make was taking up an additional 1" seam allowance in the shoulder seam to shorten the V-Neck front so it would be work appropriate and I didn't want to wear a cami with it.




The fit is perfect! Don't you think?



I'm sure I will be making this one again! I used a rayon challis in a really cute snake skin print. The colors are a white background with black, brown with a touch of gold. I purchased the fabric from Hancock Fabrics a little while ago, so they may still have it.

If you like this style, it is so worth your while!

Thanks so much for stopping by!





18 comments:

  1. I won!!!!! Yay, I am so excited thanks again Myra for the give- away! Also, I love your new top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Candice and I can't wait to see your version, the pattern is on ot's way

      Delete
  2. I love this top!!! You are so right, I would never have picked this from the pics on the pattern. Thank you for making this fabulous top. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and you're very welcome!

      Delete
  3. Like you if I have not given this pattern a second thought, after seeing your version, I am rethinking this. Yes it is a perfect fit on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I guess the pattern reviews do exactly what they are intended to do...inspire another view point!

      Delete
  4. Myra, you are absolutely right, the pattern pic just doesn't inspire, but your cute little top sure does! I love the animal print action, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute top. I never would have given it a second look either. I like how the pleats give the peplum look as well. Nice job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! that looks so much better than the pattern envelope. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top looks much better on you than it does on the model, in the photograph, from the pattern envelope. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email