Thursday, July 12, 2012

Vogue 8747

Vogue 8747 could be another TNT top!  I'm really a knit person but trying to work with more wovens when making tops too.  This is a very nice pattern for this purpose.  I really like the fit right out of the envelope because of the multiple bust sizes!  It sewed up quick and easy with no problems.  


I used a beautiful pastel blue stretch cotton from Fabric Mart I had in my stash since the beginning of Spring. (I'm still getting use to the fact that I have a fabric stash now cool!).   I made the short sleeve version with a collar. 


 I didn't like just having the plain sleeve, so that was the only creative change I made...I added a little pleat and button to the side of the sleeve.  I also love the small amount of gathering in the front near the button placket.  



All in all, this was a very nice and quick project to work on.  I like this pattern a lot!  I also noticed the black version on the envelope and have never owned a black cotton blouse...I think it's time for one, what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by everyone and;

 HAPPY SEWING!


25 comments:

  1. Pretty blouse and one could never have too many button up blouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty blouse! I have yet to make a button up blouse, but that will have to change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candice! Watch out, you'll get hooked!

      Delete
  3. I like it, very feminine. Nice touch on the sleeve. I think a black, woven blouse is a great wardrobe staple, and this pattern will be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea! I am definitely going to make on in black for the winter months.

      Delete
  4. Myra, found your blog not long ago, and I love your style! Cotton blouses, what's not to love? Just a bit of a sway back alteration would make the back view as gorgeous as the front view, and then go for the black! I love black cotton blouses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you suggestion Cherie!

      Delete
  5. You are to be commended. I am so afraid of collar stands, bands, what ever you call them. I rate you ADVANCED. Nice top by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to be afraid of Ms Faye! They are as easy as anything else once you train yourself..come on and get out of that box! I see another challenge to add for yourself this year! Thanks for your compliment!

      Delete
  6. Superb! You look great in this top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great looking blouse. It looks very professional, and baby blue is such a pretty color. Yes, definitely make the black one too!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I definitely plan on making a black one too!

      Delete
  8. A perfect blouse for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the inspiration! This pattern has been on my to-sew list ever since it came out. I cut out the pieces, but am a bit flummoxed on how to make the FBA. I'll have to think it through some more. As Faye said, I also have problems with attaching collar stands. How do you get it line up so nicely with the front band?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! I did nothing special other than follow the instructions, step by step. Give it a try, you may surprise yourself!

      Delete
  10. What a great looking top! I have this pattern and want to try it. You should certainly make one in black too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely give it a try too! I will be making is black version!

      Delete
  11. Such a flattering and fabulous top on you, Myra! I have this pattern somewhere in my stash, and you convinced me to give it a try very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be watching for you version too, good luck!

      Delete
  12. Definitely time for a black cotton blouse! I love the little pleat and button you added to your sleeve, it makes the fit perfect and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! I think so too!

      Delete
  13. Looks great! I found your review on Pattern Review and am thinking about making this top for myself. I love the little tuck you added to the sleeve - very cute. Congrats on a great top! : )

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email