Monday, July 23, 2012

Style Arc's Demi Drape Top

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pattern, but not the high shipping cost from Austrailia!  It was approximately $20.00!  Style Arc patterns have a very nice selection of unique styles borrowed from the fashion industry.  To offset the high cost of shipping, I just ordered at least 3-4 patterns at once.  I really do like the styles they carry and will probably treat myself again!  I currently have approximately 8 of their patterns. This pattern is called the Demi Drape Top. 

Demi Drape Top sewing pattern

The instructions for these patterns are quite different from the Big 4 in that they don't have step by step illustrated pictures.  However, the instructions are written so well, you don't really miss the pictures.  They do show some illustrations for clarification where needed.


I love the fit directly out of the envelope!  I had no sewing issues at all and I love the way Style Arc has you to "sandwich" the built in tank by staggering the seams to reduce the bulk...very nice touch!  The only alteration I made was to raise the front neckline of the tank top for modesty purposes.

  

I also changed the style just a little because I like adding something just for me!  I added a small amount of elastic to the side seams to create some ruching on the side.


The fabric is a fashion knit designed by Calvin Klein and was purchased from Fabric Mart some time ago.  I wish I had bought more because I would love to make a dress out of this fabric too!  Oh well...at least I have this beautiful top!

  

  

I really love this top and plan on making a few more versions!  If you like this style, it is so worth you giving it a try!  You'll will really be happy you did!

On another note, I had lunch with a fellow sewing blogger Andrea from Satin Bird Designs to assist her with a blogging software she told me about called Blog Doc, Google Docs HTML Blog Editor.  This is the best software for posting to your blog on your IPad!  (in my opinion, that is!). I completely prefer it to my laptop!!!  The last three posts were done on my IPad with this software.  I'm happy to say we got Andrea up and running on the software, so lunch was a success!  Now we both can write posts no matter where we are!  You're very welcome Ms. Andrea, it was fun! 

HAPPY SEWING!






18 comments:

  1. What a lovely top! I'm impressed with how the pattern on the drape exactly matches the tank underneath. I don't know if this was intentional but being a dressmaker I'm sure it is. (And if it wasn't intentional, don't tell anyone. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, you wore that gorgeous outfit to lunch! I can attest that it is a very pretty top, and you look great in it. Love it!

    Next time you want to place a style arc order, we should combine our order if it will save on shipping. Of course, there may have to be lunch involved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top! Great you were able to nab patterns from "down under"! I'd heard of them but hadn't seen them sewn up. They yield quite impressive results. Can't wait to see the next one's you sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! You chose just the right print for that top too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty top! I've had my eye on this pattern, and now that I've seen your version, I can't wait to order it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute top! Can't wait to see what other StyleArc patterns you make!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous top. I have this pattern too, and yours is definitely inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this top. Making the tank and the drape overtop from same fabric is a nice touch. Lovely fabric and can understand why you wish you had bought more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out great, Myra! I had no idea these patterns even existed—I had no heard of them before (but it's been a while since I was on a pattern hunt, too).

    And, no, I don't see it....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty top and have seen that pattern sewn up and promised myself that I would get it once I get over the sticker shock. Love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fantastic Myra! Love the beautiful colors in this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful top, and nice detail with the ruching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, it is absolutely gorgeous. Love the style and print.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous top I love the print on your fabric.I really need to try a style arc pattern every one I've seen made up is great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. RE Your question: " Are you taking on a friend as a client??" Kinda sorta! It's supposed to be one of those things like "I can't do it for you, but I'll teach you how to do it things". This was just the quickest ways to show her some of the retro dresses and skirts that I made for fall winter so she could choose her patterns. She another teacher who lives in another county and we are supposed to get together for Saturday sewing/teach ins. Glad you enjoyed the fashion show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a Style Arc fan and now I want this pattern. Great job! Have you sent it to Style Arc to put on its gallery?

    ReplyDelete

It truly makes me happy to hear from you....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Follow by Email